Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fried Rice

This is SO easy and a great way to get rid of leftover rice, chicken or pork, and vegetables. I don't measure anything, since I'm usually dealing with what I have in my fridge, so all measurements are approximate. Sorry. It is best to use a large frying pan or a wok, if you happen to have one. The more space to move things around, the better!

2 T. olive oil
2 cups cold cooked rice (I usually use brown but any kind is fine)
1-1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1-1/2 cups cooked vegetables (I mostly use mixed veggies or peas and corn)
2 eggs, beaten
soy sauce (I use low sodium)

Heat the oil in the pan and add rice, stirring constantly. Add some soy sauce- maybe 1/4 cup??? Mix in chicken and vegetables and stir until everything is hot. Make a space in the center of the pan and dump the eggs in it. Scramble them up the best you can before mixing them with everything else. Stir everything together, cover, reduce the heat to medium and let sit for just a couple minutes to make sure the eggs are cooked thoroughly. ***Don't let it burn! Burned fried rice smells REALLY bad!*** If it gets too dry towards the end, add a few tablespoons of water.


No comments: