Tuesday, July 21, 2009

yummy vegetarian meal


I don't have an official recipe for it because I've just been winging it the last few times I've made it.

1 or 2 large onions (depends how much you like onion)
4 or 5 small to medium zucchini
red pepper flakes
olive oil
half a jar of roasted red peppers
a couple of fresh cloves of garlic - chopped (if you like fresh garlic)

the first time I made it without the roasted red peppers and it turned out wonderfully as well.

I cut the onions very thin and sauteed them with olive oil in a large skillet for a bit before adding the zucchini.
cut the zucchini about 1/2 inch thick. put them in with the onions. stir in 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes ( or how ever much you like if you want it really spicy)
chop roasted red peppers and heat them through.
when zucchini is tender without being mushy serve over spaghetti or angel hair.

No comments: