Monday, July 27, 2009

Pepperoni Pasta Salad

This is the best pasta salad I've ever had - by FAR, and it's my husband favorite. I actually got the recipe from a chef that I used to work for, so you've got to believe me when I say it's amazing!All of these measurements are estimates, we've always made it in huge quantities, and you can morph it a little bit to fit your likes and the number of eaters!

Pepperoni Pasta Salad
Salad:
1-2 bags (I think it's 5 oz) pepperoni slices, sliced in half or strips
1 red and 1 green bell pepper, diced
1 can/2-3 large fresh chunked tomatoes
1/2-1 large sliced onion
1/2-1 cup green olives, halved
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, chopped
1 bag of bow-tie noodles (I used penne) cooked and cooled
1 cup diced cheddar cheese (optional)

Vinegarette:
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
1/4 c. Balsamic vinegar
1/4 c. olive oil
salt & pepper
2-4 T. basil, oregano and thyme
1-2 T. white sugar

Place everything for the salad in a large mixing bowl and make sure everything is mixed together well.

Then mix everything for the vinegarette in a separate bowl, stirring vigerously. Pour over the salad immediately and then mix the salad/vinegarette mixture well. Serve immediately.

Store in the fridge. It can last about a week but make sure to add more vinegarette if it's not eaten immediately.

Yield: About 15-20 servings

Enjoy!

No comments: